Registration for a panel discussion and thematic sessions of the international online conference "The Silk Road of Knowledge: Science and Green Policy Meet"
Dec. 30, 2021
💥DKU Natural Resources Institute offers a unique opportunity to register for a panel discussion and thematic sessions that will take place as part of the international online conference "The Silk Road of Knowledge: Science and Green Policy Meet".
📆Date: February 23-25, 2022
❗Deadline for submission: February 10, 2022
🗣️ Conference language: English, Russian (simultaneous translation).
📝Registration form is available at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScWe40YRmxa_s-sv8S6Ecn7kPE9aP36OVR-Nqwz_r1oFLzfhw/viewform?fbPMclid=IwAR0t5phsFDNt3a7Zl4ZQq36wVMegu1eIdbtGakRBfQVCAw0
✅The purpose of the conference is to provide innovative solutions for the five economies of Central Asia through:
- presentation and discussion of policy proposals for innovative science-based solutions for the economic and political development of Central Asia in order to mitigate the impact of climate change;
- informing about decision-making processes based on scientific research in the field of integrated water and land resources management, food security, infrastructure development, water, and climate security, and energy efficiency practices in Central Asia;
- proposals for innovations for development;
- involvement of young people in scientific research and decision-making processes.
🙌🏻After the meeting, the participants will be able to:
- exchange experience and knowledge in the field of integrated water resources management, food security, infrastructure development, and energy efficiency practices in the context of climate change;
- expand regional cooperation through the prism of science to solve economic and political problems in the field of climate and water;
- demonstrate the importance of innovation in solving environmental problems;
- Raise awareness of the current state of the environment and natural resource management in Central Asia in order to strengthen regional cooperation between young and senior scientists through the creation of cooperation networks, identification of joint research opportunities, and publications.
- Climate Security: Disaster Risk Reduction and Adaptation.
- Water resources and security in Central Asia.
- Satellite data and digitization to optimize water distribution in the Aral Sea Basin.
- Small scale renewable energy production.
- Sustainable soil management in steppe ecosystems.
- Water supply, sanitation, and gender aspects.
- Resource-saving production logistics.
Register using the link to choose the thematic session you are interested in and get access to the ZOOM platform.
A live broadcast of the panel discussion will be launched on the official Facebook page of the Natural Resources Institute (for those wishing to participate in the conference online).
ℹ️For all questions, please contact Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya: firstname.lastname@example.org.